Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Mars Volta

Blacksono is not feeling good. He is in fact feeling so bad that last night I found him sitting sadly in front of the TV watching the Discovery Channel. He said he had was having trouble concentrating and had to stop gaming. Sick indeed.

To cheer him up, today's Tuesday Music Video is one of his favorites. One of the most wonderful thing about children is when you discover their music tastes are just as complex as your own. I have to say blackchildreno listen to some good shit.

The Mars Volta are (I think) originally from El Paso, Texas. But this is not no country music. The Widow is off the Frances the Mute album. The album version has a long spasmodic finale of electronic noise that can get old after a few listens. This video is the shorter "chartable" version. Apparently this song is dedicated to band member Jeremy Michael Ward who died of an overdose in 2003.

1 comment:

Jozie said...

wait,,, is this the song with that insanely mad piece of noise at the end that makes me want to bang my head against the wall? Every time I hear that jarring cacophony coming from blacksono's room I just know it has to be the Mars Volta, but this song was pretty good. thanks for sharing :-)

ps: thanks for not posting any Bjork, cause I fucking hate Bjork. (don't really, but every time I say that, it pisses off Yann and Dana who actually think she is god)