Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bloggers and blogging

Its amazing how much time you have when you fast. Not having to think about food. No deciding, preparing, or eating, not having to wash up, saves so much time. Last night, still battling the tail end of jet-lag, I was up till late. I finished my book, and then spent hours catching up on all the blogs I had earmarked in the past. I started blogging after we brought in this fool to talk to the squints about the importance of an internet presence. I never understood all the fuss, so he told me to try it. I did, and here I am.

I enjoy having to put down a single thought a day. Some days are easier than others, and I understand why, for quality reasons, most bloggers don't write every day. But, I like it.

Over time, I have come to appreciate that there are some unbelievably talented bloggers out there. As I have said in the past, Kelley, in Australia with her Israeli Frenchman son with an American accent, dominates all aspects of the game. Deb on the Rocks is another who's writing often leaves me glad to be alive. Some Black Hockey Jesus' posts have actually made me tear up. Then there's the bloggers who have real jobs and write about them so well. Reynolds drives an ambulance for the London Ambulance Service, Kal is an "Ambulance Technician in Edinburgh" - they both put you right there in the passenger seat. There is something incredibly visceral about following someone's writing day by day. You get to spectate. You get to know a small part of them. I like it.

So thanks to the above. I have learned a lot from them. There are other blogs that take my breath away. Some I have found, most, I am sure, are still hiding out there in the ether. I promise to point them out as I uncover them. So who do you read, that I should?

3 comments:

blacksistereio said...

What a great way to pass the time fasting, wishing the day away- catching up on all the recommended blogs.
Do you guys have to fight with each other in the comment area?

Happy New Year........
Sistererio

Anonymous said...

Dude, you make me blush.

My husband is rather irritated that all these bloggers are inflating my head.

Good luck with the fast. That would kill me. No coffee?

blackpetero said...

The fast this year was the easiest I have had for ages. For the first time that I can remember I did not end up with a debilitating migraine. Its thanks to the Deralin (beta blocker, wonder migraine prevention drug). It passed really easy. I spent the afternoon making cinnamon buns for the in-laws to breaking-the-fast dinner.