Sunday, October 23, 2011

Macbook Love

I finally had enough of the crappy HP laptop of the boy's that I have been using upstairs in my easychair. It is a horrible machine, it doesn't charge unless you hold the power supply jack at the right angle, it's screen is small and crowded, and the keyboard is iffy. I decided to resurrect my old Macbook - the 17" monster laptop. I forgot just how much I love this machine.  It has been sitting downstairs next to my desktop, loyally serving music, audiobooks and TV series.  This is the clearest, biggest, and most beautiful screen there exists.  So it's a bit heavy and rather bulky. Oh, and it get nuclear hot when it's charging. But all it needed was the "lapdesk" I got as a "day one" gift from the new employers.  A plastic surface with a lap cushion filled with little styrofoam pellets. The perfect heat isolator.


So now I'm sitting here in my orange easychair (yes it is not black, but that is another story), typing away on my 4 year old Macbook pro - it's still the best machine I have ever owned.


I'm off tomorrow for two days (if I last two days that is) digging with the Weitzmann at Megiddo.  I am a little nervous as I have not really been able to prepare well for this.  I am not sure what they want from me, but I am sure I will find out soon enough. Time to change hats (and boots) and pretend I'm an archaeologist (or archaeotechnologist - my newly made up title).

No comments: