Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Morning

Some days things go well. I got up this morning and it was Friday. The sun was not yet up when I had my double espresso and I swear there may be god in the foam. I did a little work on my essay, threatened the kids and ensured they got the bus on time and then took my usual Friday stroll down to the center. Most Fridays I take a walk into the center, check the post-box, buy some nuts (garinim and almonds) for the weekend and then walk back. This morning I was on a mission. Blackwifeo has been in the throws of spring cleaning and it was time to do my bit. I needed to find a replacement light for the fridge, a replacement UV bulb for Frank, the bug Zapper, and two replacement rechargeable batteries for our two cordless phones (so we can go ahead and lose them somewhere in the house again). Oh, and I needed to get some plans of a Fox bender copied for a fellow luthier in the US.

I am usually happy to be successful on just one of the four missions I set out with, but this morning I scored on all four. I found the replacement bulbs and the right rechargeable batteries. Then I moseyed on over the Chen Copies (opposite the Iriyah - city offices). I got there just as the copyman unlocked the door. I sat down on the chair he offered, we chatted about the unseasonable heat and how there is no rain and how this is our biggest problem here in the desert. I showed him my plans. "No problem" it will take a minute and would I like some coffee. He agreed I could take his picture, but could not understand why on earth I would want it. I don't know his name, I'm afraid, but he is one of a dying breed in these days of Office Depot and Quickcopy. I can't help liking Friday mornings in Raanana.

4 comments:

oliviao said...

A Grandpa Ben lookalike! He used to get the same look of intense concentration when he worked in my office!

Jozie said...

Whoa, a happy blackpetero. Awesome, way to go!!! I hope the good mood prevails.

mart said...

And there was a blue moon last night :)

Jozie said...

Ha Ha Mart, that was really funny. Ahavti.