Monday, February 22, 2010

Das Capital

There is so much to rant and rave about today, I am not sure where to start. I could go off about the settler fools who decided to risk soldier's lives by breaking through a barrier in order to pray in a synagogue in Jerico. Or that our far-sighted PM decided to add Rachel's Tomb and the Tomb of the Patriarchs in Hebron (serious West Bank) to the 'heritage list' - I'm not sure what inclusion on that list means, but I have a feeling it will not end well. Then there's the matter of the family of five who got wiped out on the Arava road today. Then there is the ongoing mess with that assignation in Dubai. Oh, and it rained mud early this morning, messing my newly cleaned car. All this and more.

But, in fact the thing that got me the most worked up today was the incredible need of Hebrew Speakers To Capitalize Every second Word In Email. Now I know there are no capital letters in Hebrew, and so this may come as a shock to the natives, but there are some rules of capitalization in English. We use them to start sentences and proper nouns. There are a few other places that they are acceptable - But Using Them For Every Word In A Sentence Is Just Plain Wrong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AGREE WITH YOU COMPLETELY

Jozie said...

I never Noticed it Before you pointed This Out. Your powers Of Observation are AStounding.