Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sukkot

It's hard not to love Hol Hamoed (the week between the start and end of the sukkot holiday). There is almost no traffic on the road into work in the morning, and it's beautifully quiet on the way home. The stores close for the evening, banks too, the post office is never open anyway, the kids (not ours though) are off school. We have had to go to a number of Sukkah meals and it's not over yet. My friend Larry, who gets closer to god every day, told me today that the reason eating in a sukkah is so special is that it's the place your body and soul can be together on earth. O.K.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to congratulate Ada Yonath for winning the Nobel prize in chemistry. israel may suck at all forms of sport but we do great at the Nobels. I also feel I need to express my condolences to the "Saudi braggart" who bragged about his sex life on TV and was sentenced today to 5 years and 1000 lashes. Wow. That's gotta smart!! (On my back I want Wilson's back).

I'm sorry, I have no time for more, I'm off to dinner in a sukkah.

2 comments:

blackpetero said...

You can watch the dude's interview (in Arabic) on the YouTube

oliviao said...

Ada Yonath is definitely more than 80% - looks like she started the research on the chemistry of ribosomes and then the other two guys built on her research. What an amazing honor, what a great mind!