Monday, August 3, 2009

Some Thoughts

The wife is off to Sinai in a few hours. Her family came to visit to say goodbye. (They do that kind of thing). You all of course remember that she is still recovering from a very bad back. She is not alone though. Her sister has pneumonia, bronchitis, while unknowingly just having the swine flu. Her mother "can't move" - her coccyx (in the small of her back) is "buggered". Her father has put out his shoulder. Only her brother is not totally broken at the moment. What a family.

I've wanted to rant and rave about the shooting at the gay community center the day before yesterday. I've held off waiting for the shooter to be caught. I am horrified by the whole affair. Unfortunately, it doesn't surprise me much. The level of vitriol spewed by public figures here against anyone who differs from their world view, is astounding. I can only hope that the police actually manage to find the nutter who did this. I'm worried, because, of late, I've noticed less and less competence being displayed by our law enforcement. Especially when it comes to catching people who shoot and run. But, as we squints often say, "there is no place for cynicism, the police are also ours".

2 comments:

Georg said...

Hallo Blackeypetey,

When you say "off to Sinai" do mean Egypt or is it just a name of a town or a place somewhere in your desert south?

Georg

blackpetero said...

Sinai in Egypt. She has been sending me texts and is having the time of her life. Apparently it's like paradise.