Tuesday, August 18, 2009

DeVotchka

It's rare that one gets to combine two of their favorite things in one post. I have always loved DeVotchka's blend of gypsy/punk/folk/Eastern European music. I loved the word Devotchka from the first time I read it in Burgess' Clockwork Orange (means "young girl" in Russian I believe). The video below contains scenes from the movie "Everything is Illuminated", one of my favorite books, written by Jonathan Safran Foer. Alex, is played by Eugene Hutz from Gogol Bordello, and No I have not seen the movie. I'm afraid to.

I came upon this video while looking for a video of "Venus in Furs" by DeVotchka, but I could not find one better than this. I think the video below is excellent, better than the official song video. Here is "How it ends" by DeVotchka. I think I need to see this movie.

1 comment:

mart said...

Brilliant!!!!
I loved the movie (never read the book). The scenes are also so amazing especially after visiting Siberia and other remote areas of Russia.
And of course the music is fantastic.

Thank you.