Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hair

We were sitting round the engineering lounge this morning waiting for Michael to tell us something funny (it's just not the same since his wife stopped arming him with jokes for us squints), when the subject turned to haircuts and hairdressers. We figured it would be a serious time saver if we could just get the hairdresser to cut our hair at work. Guy said that way he wouldn't even have to stop coding, the hairdresser could just move from cube to cube. Anyway it did not make sense to get the guy in right now, as Guy and I had our hair cut on Friday. We would have to all get synced up hair length wise, like dorm girls with their periods.

Then "Joch the always right" stated that it's a scientific fact that men never change their hairdresser. He had to travel from Tel Aviv to Netanya because his guy moved (there is no other reason in the world to go to Netanya). Michael drives to downtown Tel Aviv and even that has not helped him get over the trauma of leaving his Parisianne hair salon. Guy used to only get his hair cut in Arad, but moved local when Merav put her foot down after the kids were born. I used to go to Svetlana over at Herzl's place in downtown Raanana. After years of blackwifeo's insulting her art, I moved to Avi, who now cuts everyone in blackfamilyo's hair. So Joch is right, men do not change their hairdresser - until their wives tell them to.

I was horrified to find out that the going rate is 50NIS. I paid 60NIS on Friday (although Michael has to pay an additional 15NIS parking in TA). Oh Well, my current life philosophy is that one needs to be a frier (sucker) at least once a day. It's good for the soul.

5 comments:

SB said...

That's funny, I was thinking about getting a haircut today. I scoped out a new place to try just outside my neighborhood (instead of schlepping out to Ra'anana). This place must be good, it is the only barbershop I've seen in Israel that has a barber pole. Of course, the barber pole is inside the window and not outside of the shop. I guess it could always be worse- it could be painted on the window.
Unfortunately, work called me in. That means the haircut gets put on hold and will probably remain on hold status for another month or 2 or until I muster the courage to try someone new.

Haflo said...

if you cut my hair i wont be able to code!

blackpetero said...

SB you better get a hair cut ir I'll tell your mother.

Haflo, it seems you an Samson are related. I just finished reading Judges. All I can say is stay away from those Philistine women.

arnieo said...

Well I had to change to Gil after my hairdresser suddenly upped and died on me. I think you all get a bargain - my haircut costs $35.00 with an additional $5.00 to Trini the lady from the Philippines who does the shampooing, and $5.00 tip to Gil. Net cost $45.00! At least I still have hair that needs to be cut.

Jozie said...

My God Arnie,that is almost 200 shekels in our money !!!!! And men seem to cut their hair quite often.
I don't want to hear any one complaining. Get back to work already.