Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Perhaps I'm back

I started this blog on Wednesday Feb 27, 2008. The first post went into an explanation on the 80%ness of Israel as a country. That was more than 10 years back and things have changed. Israel has probably changed, and I have certainly changed. We moved to the UK and then to the US. In the UK I struggled to find things to write about as things seemed to run quite smoothly although i never could understand why so many orange cones line the highways (motorways). I assume that the Department for Transport ran out of storage and just keep them on the roads forever. Then in 2016 we moved to the US, El Dorado Hills, CA to be exact.

I am undecided as to what exact global scale the US works on. Some things are close to 100% (Taco Bell?) and some things are barley manage to register on any scale (just try going to the DMV for a "Real ID"). Still we now live here and there are some things to write about. Which brings be back to the origins of this blog.

Some time in 2008, while we at GraphTech were still bright-eyed and bushy tailed and thought ourselves quite smart, we brought in some chap who was a social-media guru to talk to us. All this internet self examination was still quite interesting at the time. This chap claimed that we needed to put ourselves out there and thus our creativity would grow. So I decided I would give this "new" medium a try and the 80% blog started. It taught me a great deal. Having to clear up and virtually write down my confused thoughts helped me become a better writer. This helped me get through writing papers for an archaeology degree and helps me with every email I send through the day, everyday.

Skip to last night. The little book "Steal Like an Artist" has been sitting on a table in our second bathroom where bwo must have left it months back. My iPad was left recharging in the bedroom nearly out of battery after an intense session of puzzle HD (more on this in the future) so I picked up the little black book and started reading while relaxing on the toilet. It got me thinking. The book is filled with sage advice on creativity, and gladly it did not take to long to go through. What really got me thinking was the "just keep at it" theme that runs chapter by snappy chapter through the book. That's exactly what I am going to try do. I don't care if no one ever reads these posts. They are really only for me anyway.

Bwo says I need to always add a photo. This is a photo of one of the best things in our lives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yehaaaaaaaa !!!!

Yuval said...

I am so happy to see this post - keep at it.

Itai said...

YEY!!!!!1 He is back!

Jozie said...

Yes he is!!! Let’s see how long it takes for him to forget his manners, and start ranting up a storm.........😜