Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Dry, dry, dry,

O My by Jo

My word, it's dry here in California. I have never seen it so brown and sad looking. Even Folsom lake is nearly all gone. It's the opposite of our home in the UK, where according to bwo it has started raining again. The car park at squint central UK flooded a few days back because the creek at one end overflowed its banks. Over here everything looks completely parched - I miss the green, green grass.

The big news in the far away London Borough of Richmond Upon Thames is that someone stole "a rare and expensive plant" from Kew Gardens. I love it that this makes headlines in our little town. No talk of nuclear weapons, or corrupt politicians, or the price of cottage cheese. No the big news is plant theft.

It is always good to visit the mother ship here in northern California. Even with the dryness. The sun is shining, the sky is blue and the air is oh so fresh. I think I'll take myself to Chipotle for dinner and then off to early bed to fight jet-lag and get ready for a full day tomorrow.

No comments: