Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More Army

So tonight, blacksono's pre-army saga continued. Like the dutiful parents we are, blackwifeo and I attended a "talk" arranged by nefesh b' nefesh (people who bring American immigrants to Israel), covering "what to expected when you're enlisting". The presenter was some army chap who arrived 20 mins late. I had to clench my teeth to stop myself biting clean through my tongue in frustration. The army chap was fine, it was the other parents that were intolerable. A room full of cluelessly lost Anglo Saxons asking ridiculous questions was more than I can stomach. I'm ready to give up on this army thing. I'm starting to think its a horrible idea in general.

So blackwifeo, what were your thoughts?

7 comments:

Jozie said...

I totally concur blackpetero. More irritating people I haven't seen in a while. The army general dude was really quite nice. I wish I knew him when I was in the army.
But that incredibly annoying translating bitch was just the pits. Doesn't look good for the boy bpo. Looks like he's gonna actually have to speak Hebrew (after 8 years in this country) if he wants to do anything worthwhile.
Ok. don't panic people. decisions decisions.

blackpetero said...

The rogelach were not bad at all. But all the sheitel and headscarf fashion statements were just way too much. When are we moving out of raanana? I cannot take it anymore.

Jozie said...

Common mon, a bit of tolerance for the piously deluded.

Anonymous said...

Jozie - didn't you have a period of delusional piousness(piosity???piosingness?) yourself?

Jozie said...

Sure I did anonymous, but I never went as far as to wear a shaytle. I am trying not to be obsessive and am questioning monotheistic religion at the moment.I think I may go the Wiccan route.
xxx

blackpetero said...

Don't they use wiccans to make chairs and baskets?

Jozie said...

NO, you plebe.(I so know you are kidding) but just in case, Wicca is a gentle earth based religion that believes that divinity is both male and female.
But I haven't even decided on that for sure. fine.. you can just call me a Pagan until I settle the matter. hokayy?