Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The TV Episode

I have discovered a problem in my life. You see, I never used to watch any TV at all. Now a while back, blackalexio showed up with the DVD set of the first season of House. So I got hooked, then I got into Bones, next CSI (with a brief stint trying to get in touch with my feminine side by watching Grey's Anatomy - It was horrible) finally I tried a bit of Dexter. All this with the aid of internet TV. Man, I love it. You can watch a whole season in order, all you need do is wait for the annoying bar to slowly fill up the video feed. And you can even read your email at the same time.

Where's the problem one may ask. Well its like this. Blackwifeo has been getting more and more pissed at me because I "do it on my own". I am not good at sharing (80% for sharing would be way past double what I deserve). I like to sit on my comfy chair, the Macbook Pro balance on the arm watching hour after hour of my latest addiction - on my own. So this week she (wifeo) went out and rented the first season of Dexter. Which we duly started to watch on the Giant TV from hell that takes up most of the lounge. It was a beautiful thing. A bonding experience. We sat there, toes gently touching as our legs were propped up on the coffee table. Just as I was actually getting into the second or third episode, the phone rang - black(babe in the woods cousin from Miami)o. Two hours on the phone - I swear, Baruch Hashem. By the time the call was over I had lost interest. Now I am in trouble because I, once again, don't want to share the experience. You just can't win. Its impossible to focus on anything in my ADD household.

So what can I say. I will continue to not share (I am well over 80% at NOT sharing) my TV viewing experience. I love my wife - I just hope she forgives me. What do I watch now that I am up to date in House and Bones.

2 comments:

Jozie said...

You see, black husbando, in my opinion this shows among other things, a lack of staying power and patience. While it is true, that our bonding TV time was so rudely interrupted, you need to be saying Baruch Hashem, because it got you out, once again, of actually doing anything cozy or romantic with black wifeo. Its way more probable though, that it gave you the perfect excuse you needed to get back to the comfort of CSI (The Original Series) and away from the disturbing world of Dexter and fam.

Now while I can accept your not wanting to share your TV experience with any other human being, I question the wisdom of your moving the tv out of our bedroom in order to ultimately spend a masturbatory life, within our family circle. I see the fall of the family unit as a direct consequence of that fateful day. Doesn't it bother you, that we sit on each side of the room watching the same shows on different computers every spare moment that we have? How normal is it to send instant messages to each other while in the same house, wake up the kids via cell phone or call them to dinner via Facebook. What happened to the good old days, of sitting around of an evening, watching Iron Chef (The Original Series) and then actually having sex. And really besides you, black petero, who gives a toss if my email is made up of 74 characters, or if and where I hit the carriage return.

Ps- please remind me to explain the masturbatory life theory to you in more detail, if we ever actually get a chance. I have the last 2 episodes of Dexter to watch and then there is the new House and Bones that should be online by now. Oh Joy.

brianisra said...

I take exception to the "Giant TV from hell"!