Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Sorry

Its all very well to sit here and go off about how everything is 80%. Unfortunately from time to time you have to stare into the eyes of your own 80%ness. Last night I really screwed up. All I needed to do was to shut up and listen, nod sagely and agree. Instead I ranted and raved and flayed around in an embarrassingly pompous way. Just sitting there and quietly letting things take their own course would have been so much more successful. What is worse, I even knew it at the time. I just could not stop myself - a complete (100%) lack of control. This will not do.

I have noticed that this happens to me from time to time. Mostly with my family. Sometimes at work, or on the road. It sucks facing your own 80%ness.

So, I would like to say I'm sorry. I blackpetero, would like to apologize to the world. To blackwifeo, blackdaughtero and blacksono. I would like to apologize to blackparentso and to blackin-lawso, to blackfamilyo in general. I want each and every blacksquinto to know that I grovel before you in my unworthiness. To all of blackisraelo - I'm sorry. I expect 100% of all of you, while struggling to reach my own 80%.

And so with 100% hypocracy, I will continue to pass commentary on the world as I see it while I try embrace my 80%, and forgive myself.

No comments: