Thursday, May 1, 2008

Anyone need some QA?

My daughter could be a start-up. She could test quality on any device know to man. In the last month or so she has broken her cell phone, mp3 player (its not actually broken, the volume does not work), camera (we already replaced it once), and thats not all. Last night she sheepishly shows me the screen of the beautiful Dell laptop she is using. It has a horrible vertical line permanently burned into the screen (I see dead pixels). She is a sweet girl, but rather heavy handed it would seem. In all my 48 years I have never broken a camera. I still have my first generation Ipod and as long as its connected to the power, it works perfectly (the batteries on those never did last). It seems that things "just break" for some people. I reportedly have a nephew who cannot wear a watch because they just stop after a few days (digital and analog). My daughter claims that she treats these devices with respect, but in fact, the last phone fell into a cup of coffee.

I wonder if this is an hereditary trait? If so it must come from her mother. My son inherited my misery gene and thats all I'm responsible for.

No comments: