Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm a Demographic

Its come to my attention that I am now a target demographic. Blacknephewo has been claiming for years that someone scanned his ipod and decided to use all his music for TV commercials. My epiphany came yesterday. You see, recently I have started watching all the TV series I had heard about but claimed I had no time for. Thanks to the magic of the "internet" I am now hooked. This weekend I decided the time had come to start watching CSI (the original in Vegas). So I watched the pilot and to my horror I discovered that the theme music is The Who's "Who are You". I accidentally started watching a CSI:NY and lo and behold they use "Won't get fooled again". Now House, my current guru, uses Massive Attack's "Teardrop" and Bones uses a riff from a Crystal Method number. What is this. Have they been looking at my iTunes lists and using them for TV shows.

I swear it all went downhill with Volkswagen's Nick Drake "Pink Moon" commercial. Is nothing sacred anymore!!!

No comments: