Friday, October 24, 2008

Obsessive Dictator Disorder


Hello, Jo here. What to write about now that blackpetero is in Amman having a brilliant time. Make no mistake; if he bitches about anything, I would not believe him.
I don’t know, you may have picked this up before from his previous posts, but I suspect strongly BPO has O.D.D (obsessive dictator disorder) and I will share with you today my reasoning.

It all started with Remote Control Airplanes. The garage was turned into a workshop and bpo spent a couple of years building and flying RC planes. He did a beautiful job and was really good at it. Then he moved on to making furniture and buyin
g old tools. Must have spent the next 10 years going to flea markets all over Texas and California buying ancient planers and other tools of the trade. He did a wonderful job and built up quite a collection. I got some awesome wooden boxes, a couple of tables and a set of Adirondack outside furniture. Beautiful. The single malt scotch collections, music, books and audio books are still ongoing and of course guitar making. I am really proud of him. Please see www.powguitars.com for a step-by-step guide on how to make classical, Spanish and Les Paul electric guitars. Above is a photo of his wonderful workshop, Blacksono is making a sword or something like that (not going to go there right now).
There is a particular place for ever
y single screwdriver, nail, dibble & jig. And he knows exactly where everything is. Of course when blackfamilyo need something, (cause the rest of the house is insanely untidy) we go down to the workroom (bomb shelter) and oi va voi if it is not put back in exactly the same place as before. He will know. It’s uncanny. ugh.

So where is the problem you say, what’s your issue? Wellll the guy is obsessive. The real problem is that I share a closet with him. Here is a photo of bpo’s side of the cupboard.


Please note the color of every single item in there. Please also note the black sock back hanging up. He ties his socks together and they get washed in the bag, like on a kibbutz, cause he doesn’t trust me with the laundry. (He is totally right, I suck at laundry, but still…) I was considering putting in a photo of his undies and sock drawer, also all black, but thought that was going a bit too far.
(bpo does own one white running shirt for night time plus white running shoes, cause he cannot find good ones in black but that's as far as his tolerance for non black items go.)

Last week we had a major calamity in the house o'black-o. The black Nike running shorts were nowhere to be found!!!! The moaning and wailing was not believable. Of course it was “my fault”, cause I suck at laundry but I contend that how can you possibly find anything in a closet like that? It’s all fucking black. It all looks the same. It is all the same. It’s insane. No worries dear reader, the shorts showed up (of course- I think he is just going blind or something) somewhere on the shelf and all is calm again in the blackhousehold-o. I miss you. come homeeeeeeeeeee.

6 comments:

blackpetero said...

I love you too, sweety. You rule all aspects of the game. You have remain the one obsession I have constantly focused on for the last 30 or so years.

oliviao said...

Its called Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and Arnie has it too, but to a slightly lesser degree because he is worn out!!By the way its definitely genetic!

Anonymous said...

And it all started with BLACKFATHERO(of very blessed memory) who was the ultimate obsessive dictator- God forbid anyone touched his pens!!
love, blacksisterio, (proud mother of blacknephewo)

oliviao said...

Yep, I did not want to damage my reputation as the sweet sister-in-law,, but I agree with blacksisterio. I really loved blackfatherinlawo, but boy, was he anal about some things!!

Anonymous said...

I think that you have definitely come up with a wonderfully descriptive term for an under-appreciated disorder. sachten

Pete how about coming over to tidy my house?? I have disasterly disorganized denial disorder
Helene

Jozie said...

DDDD thats hilarious Hels.

(ps: maybe one day you should actually register to this site, so that you are not anonymous all the time?)