Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Israeli Browser Discrimination

Now I'm pissed off. What is this crap that I can't even go to the arrivals/departures page at Ben Gurion using my spiffy macbook pro. Can you believe this 80% country. So now not only do I have to use a Windows machine to go to my bank's web site, but also to look at the airport arrival and departures. When I called up to complain about this, I was told by the fool on the line that it works perfectly on her computer. She had never even heard of a "dafdafon" (browser in normal people's tongue) that was not "explorer" (pronounced Exxxplorrrerrr). She thought I was joking and suggested I use the phone service.

I hope Microsoft is paying off all these Israeli sites to force us to use Explorer 7. I really do not understand why its so hard to make a generic site that works with all engines. What topped it all off today was I took the old way to work at 6:30am. I got stuck for about 10mins at the train crossing in Kfar Shmiriyahu and no train even came by. I walked in to work sat down at my machine ready to fire off a nasty email to the boss of Israel Railway, when I started up my browser and googled to the correct page I got a pop-up "This Page is Only Supported using Windows Explorer 7 - click here to install or upgrade". AAAGgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh someone need to pay for this.

1 comment:

Sagi. said...

I found this utility which installs
"Internet Explorer" on linux machines
you can download it from :
http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page