Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Its not lost if you don't look for it

It appears that I come from a family that has a lot of theories. My brother, bless him, has a theory that there are three certain ways to lose weight. If no one sees you eating it, you ingest no calories. If you eat off someone else's plate you will stay slim. And most importantly, all the calories move to the piece of cake left on the serving plate, so keep cutting increasingly smaller pieces (caloric migration).

I have a wonderful wife (she's the only one who writes comments to my blog, anyway). She also has theories. Its not lost if you do not look for it. Now there a are lot of things that are currently "missing" in our house, like the new headphones I bought her, but they are not lost, because she has not started looking for them yet. Its incredible how long things can stay "not lost" in our house. We have not lost chequebooks, shoes, millions of forms and papers, cutlery, knife sharpeners, medicines, credit cards, passports etc. all over the house. We just can't use them temporarily, but they are NOT lost.

1 comment:

Jozie said...

I don't know if you are aware of this bpo, but I am beginning to worry about my not lost drivers license. Months of not looking for it are starting to wear on me. I am going to have to take the bull by the horns and either look for it, or declare it....whisper... lost