Saturday, June 9, 2012

Opening The Gates

My cell phone opens the gate at Megiddo. I jokingly told everyone that this was the biggest prize in Israeli Archaeology. You know you are necessary when you can open the gate to the Tel any time of the night or day. We were there at 5am yesterday morning to do some work, and all it took was a call to the secret number and woosh the gate parted (I felt like Moses parting the waters).


I had a good day, visiting the teams at Tel Jezreel as well. Their survey is progressing very well. And lunch at the Kibbutz was fantastic. Now I understand why they are such competitors in local rugby - they are well fed, these kibbutzniks.


One more week of work and then I'm off. After how tired I was yesterday when I finally got home after a busy week at work and on site, I am looking forward to the dig with not a little trepidation. 

No comments: