Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fun Tones

O.K. I have had it with these fun tones. It's bad enough that people seem to compete who can have the most annoying ring tone, so I have things like "Alo, Alo" and "Cockadoodle-Do" and the sound of someone's child calling "abba, abba" everywhere I go. Now, when you call people (the women in my family, for example), you get a snippet of a song instead of the ring. The problem with this is that someone like me, who often has to call these people (the women in my family, for example) numerous times a day, gets to hear the same snippet over and over. You know, I used to like the twangy guitar in "Sultan of Swing" and the clever words of "Romeo and Juliet". I used to like Radiohead's "Creep". Now they're used up for me. I never want to hear them again. This gross exploitation of popular music must stop, I say.

1 comment:

SB said...

I couldn't agree with you more!