Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Cokie

Cokie Roberts died today. She was 75 and was someone I really admired. I loved listening to her on NPR and always found her interesting and intelligent. I recommend her book "We Are Our Mothers' Daughters" (which she reads on Audible) and I liked her "Our Haggadah: Uniting Traditions for Interfaith Families" which she wrote with her husband Steven. She was someone I would have liked to invite for dinner. 

We get a lot of humming birds around the house. Bwo has strung up multiple feeders and usually remembers to fill them. I can sit in my office here at home and look out the window and watch the territorial battles that they wage. This one, he is red breasted (yeah the photo is shite, sorry) is the boss. He chases off visitors to his feeder and pursues them into the trees with great aggression. I have noticed that the rabble has figured it out, they send a decoy and as soon as he chases the decoy, two others will swoop in and feed til he gets back. 

No comments: