Friday, August 16, 2019

Ownership

It's been one of those tough weeks where the work seemed never ending and the weather outside is blinding hot and I am not sleeping worth a damn. I noticed that when these things start to get me down, like bwo, I like to go shopping. All I want to buy is wood. You see, wood is a dwindling resource, especially beautifully figured guitar wood. All the wood I ever will buy is from renewable resources, but the renewal will take more than 50 years for many of the species. 

There there is this ~20 board foot soft limit that UPS will deliver and many of the good dealers will ship to your house. So I find myself sitting at night with my tablet, when not doing jigsaws, or watching Youtube, scouring the interwebs for good wood deals. To be honest, all I have bought (so far) is some alder that was clearly wrongly priced and some very pretty Morado (Bolivian Rosewood). Still I keep dreaming of some curly maple from Mr. Taran, or some Granadillo from Woodworkers Source or some white ash from Steve Wall. I really don't need any more, but that does not get in the way of dreaming. It's sort of like buying a lottery ticket. You can dream of what could be.

First world problems.


The most determined thing in the universe. She dragged this with us for miles and all protrusions must be eliminated.

No comments: