Thursday, January 22, 2015

Signs

Thankfully my time in Folsom CA is nearing its end. I'm off to Houston for a few days and then back home to the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. It has been a long trip. One thing I have noticed and commented upon in the UK is how much the British love signs. There are signs everywhere politely explaining what to do, what not to do, where to go and where not to go. These may even explain why. I have been ranting about how these signs are just another example of the "nanny state" taking over. But, hey, nothing beats California for sign pollution. Everywhere you go there are signs telling you just how dangerous life is. Many of these seem to be based on something ominously called "Proposition 65". Every store you go into has the following signs posted everywhere.



Outside the elevators in our hotel was this sign:


But my overall favorite sign is the one pasted all over the roof of our hotel room. Wherever there is a fire hose sprinkler there's a sign telling you that hanging your clothes on these sprinklers is not a good idea. Damn, I'm just going to have to use the cupboard.

No comments: