Friday, July 4, 2014

The end of week three

It's Friday at the end of the third week of digging. I am sitting in my comfy chair with my feet on the bed here in Raanana. I have had a wonderful time at the dig. My body is tired and sore but all in all it has been more that I could ever have wished. Having bwo with me has made a huge difference. She quickly became the "the mother of Area K" and a complete and useful member of the team. We have spent all day together. We get up at 3:45 am and drive to the Tel together. Work together in Area K ( sometimes even in the same square). Drive back together, eat lunch together, nap in our room together and then have dinner and sleep together. It has been great. Way better than I could ever have imagined.

One more week of digging and then it is back to the real world.  It is hard to keep the real world at bay here in Israel. What with the occasional work email, the World Cup and kidnappings and then a wedding on Wednesday night (it was great to see the other Ostrins in full force) I cannot say I have completely disconnected. I prefer it this way rather than getting back to a bunch of issues and emergencies.

Blackdaughtero came out for a few days to help dig last week. So now nearly all of us have seen what it's like, although I am not expecting blacksono to rush to the heat of the Tel any time soon. He is still working at the vet and seems quite happy with life. Now that bdo has finished the army she is working at waitressing at a coffee shop here in Raanana. So all is good. I have napped much of the day away and now it's time to prepare Friday night dinner for the local family. I think it's curry tonight. Back to the Tel tomorrow afternoon for the last week. 

No comments: