Wednesday, February 5, 2014

ill

I am finally getting back to normal. I got back from the US last Sunday. It is always wonderful to get back to my family, and after two weeks away I was overjoyed to be home. I took the girly for a long walk, bwo made dinner and all was good. Monday morning I took bso to the airport for his trip back to Israel, and then went off to work. Sometime around mid afternoon I began to feel the jetlag creep in so went home.

By Monday evening I was shaking and shivering like a leaf. My temperature climbed through the room and I started to feel very, very bad. I was out for a full week. Completely knocked out. I could not do anything, no reading, no tv, no work, no nothing - just hurting all over. I don't remember missing a week's work due to illness for 30 years. Two doctor's visits and multiple NHS calls later it turns out I got a bad dose of the flu, and then some sort of chest infection. Today, Wednesday, more than a week from when this nightmare started I am finally starting to feel my strength returning. It was a week from hell.

What was amazing through all of this, was my wife. I have been known to give her a hard time, it's true. But should you be sick, there is no one in the world that can take better care of you. No one is more sympathetic and patient. No one is more gentle and loving. After a few days of laying near death in my bead, sweating and freezing, moaning and complaining, I could not even stand myself! Bwo was there day and night, "now, nowing", feeding, hydrating and just looking out for me. I am so dammed lucky.

No comments: