Sunday, February 19, 2012

Misery

I had a lousy day.  I was up at 2am - jetlag. I foolishly slept for an hour yesterday afternoon and then went to sleep at 10:30pm thinking that would be it for the night, but no. I shot awake at 2am, knowing full well that was it.  I have been here, done this jetlag thing before, so I did what any reasonable person would do, I went to work.  Of course, the doorman at our building was asleep and grumbled about having to go out into the cold to open the parking lot for me.  Then my badge did not work to let me into our floor.  I called the 24 hour security people, and got voicemail.  They called back and let me in. I powered through my 500+ emails from the weekend and listened to Nick Cave loud and was miserable - I miss not being here.


I had to control my misery once the squints started to arrive, as I really don't want to have to do time for beating on them too much.  All the day I dreamed of the view from the 8th floor, looking over the Hudson. My mood was so dark I had to take myself home at 3pm, just to prevent blood in Rehov HaMenofim. I itch all over because my skin is so dry. I am trying to eat less fattening food (always makes me happy, not) and am so tired at this stage (it's 10pm) that everything is blurry, but I still can't sleep.The house smells of cat and there is no soap (only that watery liquid stuff, real men use bars of soap, if you don't mind). I'm just not ready to be home. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

No comments: