Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bing Crosby and David Bowie (Will Ferrel and John C. Reilly)

It's Sunday today and most of my family is in town. E+L came on from Oakland with their kids and nephew Stevie is due in from NY any moment. I know it's not Tuesday, but nephew Eddie pointed this out to me and I feel I must share. In 1977 during Bing Crosby's tour of the UK he was scheduled to sing a Christmas duet with David Bowie. The full story of this meeting (odd to say the least) can be read here (Ziggy Stardust meets Twilight Time). The resulting Christmas song (Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth) can be heard in many of the stores bwo shleps me to. Check out the original:

There is an excellent spoof with Will Ferrel and John C. Reilly. Check this out (watch to the end):

Merry Christmas all.

No comments: