Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Real Day One

While yesterday was my first day here, today was the first day at the dig. Wow, it was hard. Up at 4am climbed up the Tel for the first time at 5am. Worked like slaves till 1pm. We filled sandbags, and cleared the shrubbery and bush, we carried equipment from the bottom of the Tel to the top (many times). By 1pm I was dead. On the bus home my head was pounding and I was seeing stars - typical migraine. I took my migraine medicine and collapsed on my bed, without lunch - I couldn't eat anything anyway. I was quite worried I would embarrassingly have to be taken to the emergency room with dehydration (I drank 3.5 liters of water on the Tel, but it seems that was not enough). I woke up after an hour or so and felt much better, but decided to miss the Tel tour they had this afternoon and just rest so I can be useful tomorrow. Dinner was actually quite good for a vegetarian. Now there's a "meeting hour" with free beer and snacks, but here I am blogging. Lots of lively young people, full of joy and friendliness.

You should be able to read my (vanilla) blog posting on the Meggido Blog later this evening. I have to post once a week.

No comments: